Saturday, April 5, 2008

Would Illinois date Texas?

Dear myself,
How can I hide anything from you? You know very well what I’m thinking of, don’t you? Julie.

Julie walks like a deer, fluffs like a peacock, her long blonde hair, hazel parakeet eyes and Mid-West accent drives me silly. Julie recently joined the internship program. Julie is from Chicago. And yes, I am in love with Julie.

Day 1: Julie and her friends laughed on the orientation day when I told them that there’s a ‘George Bush Drive’ in A&M campus. Her friends are just mean. So I didn’t tell them there’s one George Bush Library as well.

Day 4: Julie said Texans have the highest national average of perimeter length of motor cars across America, so we should pay a 1.5% annual road – tax to the financial budget. She is a Finance major and kind of cute, so I asked her out.

Day 6: Julie spilled her drink on dinner table when I came dressed as a cowboy on our date in the Irish Pub. She didn’t stop laughing until we got out. And when I turned on the country music station in the car, she resumed laughing. These Mid-Westerns. Uff.

Day 7: Julie and I were playing ‘name-a-tourist-destination-in your-city’ game at her apartment. Julie named ‘Sears Tower, Lake Michigan, Art Institute and Lake Shore Drive’. I said ‘Methodist Church, Lake Bryan, Office of Graduate Studies building and University Drive’. I think I heard Julie laughing in the restroom as I finished. Julie said I make her laugh. I don’t know how. I proposed to her the same day. She said ‘yes’.

Day 10: I asked Julie if she would move to Texas after engagement. She had the similar expression when we saw Saw-III DVD last night. I hope Julie’s alright.

Day 13: Julie introduced me to her mom. She was really nice. She asked me how many guns I carry. She was funny. Julie told me later her mom was serious.

Well, it’s Day 15 and Julie and I are getting engaged on 13th of next month. I’m wearing Sammy Sosa jersey while Julie’s donning Acie Law IV. Sweet, honey sweet.


Published 19July 2007
http://media.www.thebatt.com/media/storage/paper657/news/2007/07/19
/Opinion/Southern.Gents-2925238.shtml

No comments:

Archive of all columns at Texas A&M University and Copenhagen Business School